If you're NOT anything like me, I guess I've got some splanin' to do...
You see, if you're NOT like me, then you know just how quickly a month can creep up on you. That means that, if you're a Halloween decorator, you've already started preparing.
Well, those of you like me (you know, the ones that think, "Halloween's almost 2 full months away!" - and then procrastinate), we need to get our butts in gear.
I am setting a goal to have my Halloween decorations up before the second week of October. Over the next month, I'll be sharing some of the random projects I need to complete to have my graveyard to my liking.
Oh, you don't remember my graveyard?
Well let's just refresh (then a to-do list at the end).
The cemetery entrance columns that I built, complete with my misspelling of "CEMETERY".
The crate/coffin/fence built from pallet wood.
Gravestones thrown together by Mr. Goats & me, depicting legendary monster's names (and a random "Nemo," per the big kid's request).
Some beauty shots.
Probably my favorite part ;-)
Now, to remind you, I wasn't completely thrilled with how the columns turned out. The faux stone at the bottom was ugly (or, it looked like pustules, as Mr. Goats described), and I planned on refinishing them "next year."
So that's going to be my first project!
I cleaned my garage this weekend to prepare for major work to be done!
Additional things TO-DO:
- "Beef up" the sign (thinking of doing something like this along the top)
- Add candle skeleton plaques by using this tutorial.
- Build a larger scale coffin
- Build another small coffin
- Revamp the headstones (make new ones out of foam, maybe?)
- Replace curtains with creepy cloth
- Sew a slipcover for the slipper chairs
- Sew more halloween-like pillow cases
- "Zombify" gallery wall pictures
- Replace my silverware silhouettes with halloween-like ones
Wow, for there being only 11 things on these lists, it sure seems daunting.
Now is where I welcome you to join me in this Halloween craft/build/sew/buy along! Let's git'r done!