Not because it's hard, or even time-consuming... but because I am at a complete loss as to how to handle it. Have you ever taken that long to figure out something simple?
It's just me, huh?
Ok, well I bought an OLD toolbox at goodwill.
Ignore the horrible picture. This was apparently right before I got my iPhone... and my other phone wasn't very good, apparently.
In this photo, I had turned all of the "drawers" around because I liked how it looked more.
The toolbox was priced at $9.99, but it was 50% off that day, so I got it for $4.50. I really like galvanized steel, but this was so old, dirty and stained that it wasn't pretty anymore.
I knew that I was going to paint it, but I needed to clean it off first.
Then I sanded the crap out of it and primed it.
Then a few thin, even coats of spray paint
It has instructions on using the Atari paddle.
The instructions were written on a receipt, but I couldn't figure out what store it was from, or what the date was.
And here's the finished product!
It's been sitting like this for 10 months because I didn't know how to move on with it.
I was thinking that I wanted to stencil numbers on the drawers, but... I have a toddler... that likes to move things... and it would drive me NUTS if they were out of order!
(but it IS cute!)
Then I thought about drawer pulls, but that isn't really the look I would like to go for.
I was reminded of an apothecary cabinet with this... and I wanted to keep that feel, even though it was all metal. So I decided to go with label holders!
The cheapest I could find was about 30 cents each (with $10 shipping - not so great a deal!). They were brass and ugly, and it would have still cost more for the hardware than it did for the cabinet (especially since I would have to pay shipping and buy spray paint, no matter what).
But that's what I want.
So with ten months, an expensive idea, and little-to-no money to spend on this project, I'm at a stand-still.... still...